Series 9 of The Dark Railway Series began airing in 2019.
- 9 - Dave awakens after a long overhaul.
- Goose - The DRPS new engine arrives and causes problems.
- Rock 'n Roll - Disaster strikes during a snow storm.
- Rock Shock - The Dark Railway is taken off guard by a new problem.
- Theo and Otto
- Sir Eustace Missenden
- 257 Squadron
- Caracus Smash
- De la Trip
- Mr. B
- Zeke Dark
- Mr. Dark
- Mr. Smash
- Mr. Chairman
- Leno (mentioned)
- Ed (mentioned)
- Sid (mentioned)
- Five (mentioned)
- Linda (mentioned)
- The Museum Engines (cameo)
- Anthony Sims as Barry and Buzz
- Reilly Cornwall as Goose
- Christian Rasmussen as Mr. B and a Contractor
- Callum Hancock as Clyde, Warrior and Clarence
- Andy Stovold as Andy
- Gwion Rhys Davies as Mr. Chairman
- Oliver Pocock as a Contractor
- This is the first season to be filmed utilising the new RailWorks Enhancer addon, improving the lighting conditions for the series.
- Unlike the previous seasons, the end credits of each episode feature a different piece of music rather than consistently using "9" by Dark DJ.