Series 6 of The Dark Railway Series began airing in 2016. The series had eight episodes, followed by a tie-in Halloween and Christmas special.
- Ouverture - The engines are brought up to speed with developments on the railway.
- Trepid - The engines are examined by the line's new engineer.
- Fustercluck - Allan and Ryan decide to explore the railway to see what has changed.
- Ed, Ed and Eddie - The opening steam gala commences, but tensions are high between Ed and Eddie.
- Plunk 'n Bang - The engines are being repainted, with mixed reactions.
- Asphalt Assault - A bus reveals how he can help the railway out.
- Burnin' - An old face is brought in to cover for Turbo.
- The Purple Man - Repulse is watched by a mysterious man.
- The Prime Time of your Life - Repulse's strange behaviour reaches a devastating climax.
- Apply Overnight - Repulse faces a brighter future, but it comes at a price.
- Theo and Otto
- Sir Eustace Missenden
- 257 Squadron
- Mr. Dark
- Caracus Smash
- Gary (mentioned)
- Flying Scotsman (mentioned)
- 44826 (mentioned)
- Ellie (mentioned)
- Jason (mentioned)
Characters introduced Edit
Guest Actors Edit
- Andy Stovold as King Edward and Stan
- Gwion Rhys Davies as Ed's driver
- Rhys Davies as Rupert and Howard's driver
- Julian Davis as Colin's driver
- Anthony Sims as Colin's fireman
- James Ellison as Larry
- Callum Hancock as Clyde
- Jack Marshall as the inspector
- Robert Kenneth Jones as the signalman
- Oliver Pocock as the Purple Man
- This series is set in 1969.
- This is the first season to contain only eight episodes during the main run, but will include ten in total, if the Halloween Special and the Christmas Special are included.
- This is the first season to not introduce any "main" characters, as most of them are either visitors or secondary characters.
- This is the first season to feature the permanent departures of regular characters in the series.