Layout and FacilitiesEdit
The current Merecombe Shed has 9 roads for locomotive storage and disposal. General maintenance can be completed at this shed, such as cleaning and ash removal. If more extensive work is required, locomotives are required to visit Caracus Smash Ltd.
Adjacent to the sheds is a 5 road carriage storage shed, with one small wagon storage siding nearby. To the west of the site, nearer the mainline, is the locomotive fuelling depot.
Accidents and IncidentsEdit
- In 1964, LMS 3F "Jinty" No. 47407 (Colin) derailed on the points coming out of the fuelling depot and blocked access in and out of the yard for almost an entire day.
The Dark Railway SeriesEdit
Merecombe Shed appears in every episode except for the following:
- Series 1 - Pilots, Dave's Dating Tips, and The Road to Radstock
- Series 2 - Dave's Reward and Goodbye, Dai
- Series 3 - Poor Leno and Revenge of the Forgotten
- Series 4 - Traction Reaction
- Series 6 - Apply Overnight
- Series 7 - Rollerskate Disco
- Series 8 - Revolution 909, The Great Custard Cream Robbery. Colossus, and Time Waster
- Series 9 - 9
- The Visitors
- Brian and the Bank Loan
- Brian and the Bank Robbery
- 200 Subscribers
- An Unconventional Visit
- The Rebuilding of Sir Eustace Missenden
- The Adventures of Sir Edgar Woolwinder and Bob the Invisible Pink Sailor
- Pilots (remake)
- Mere Anarchy
- These are the main locomotive sheds on the line.
- Almost every meeting between the engines and Mr Dark occurs at the sheds.
- The shed's official shedcode, "77C", is completely fictional, as the last Southern Region shedcode listed with BR was "75G".
- Almost every engine on the line with customizable shedcode plates has 77C as their shedcode.
|Locations on The Dark Railway|
|Colhapper • Galen Junction • Axley • Lake (closed) • Walschurch • Upway • Manston Fore • Merecombe • Soma • Merecombe Gasworks (closed) • Merecombe Industrial Estate (closed)|
|Motive Power Depots|
|Colhapper Shed • Galen Junction Shed (closed) • Merecombe Shed|
|Points of Interest|
|Galen Junction Railway Museum • Caracus Smash Ltd • Walschurch Viaduct • Upway Bank • Gasworks Tunnel Incline (closed)|